David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 4 August 2017

The skirl o' the pipes...

...or the roar o' the first train across the Forth Rail Bridge at "God knows what o'Clock"! We have travelled up to Jockshire once more, to The Hawes Inn at South Queensferry for our much anticipated visit to Claymore, the premier Scottish wargames show, on Saturday. It's no secret that I really enjoy these visits to Scotland, despite the rain and midges at present, and the chance to catch up with my many friends north of the Wall! I also really enjoy the chance to see games and gamers who don't make it down our way, there's always something I take away with me to keep the torch burning bright over the winter months.
Probably more so this year, as I'm missing Partizan being away on a family holiday with three of our four grandchildren. In fact I may only get to Wargamer in December after Claymore on Saturday, so I'm determined to enjoy it even more than usual. As to friends, well I shall chew the fat with Kevin mostly I expect while enjoying the Iron Brigade's ACW game and seeing how his newly published rules, The Bonnie Blue Flag, are doing. I'll also meet Colin Jack again I hope, though I doubt he'll have one of his eclectic games on display. Other visitors will include Colin Ashton and George Anderson I'm told, so I hope to have the chance for a good natter with them too. If you see me and would like to say hello please do. I shall do some shopping too and add to the Lead Lump as well, with preorders from Dixon and Warbases to see me started. Now it's off to a full Scottish Breakfast. Bykleighs awa'!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Although all too briefly it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the 'more. Take some pics for us working folk ;~)
    See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures on Facebook. See you tomorrow I hope.

      Delete
  3. Sadly I could not get North, I look forward to your report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be a while, domestic issues to the fore!

      Delete